Increased suspension travel, steering dampers and adjustable triple clamp are just some of the new perks that adorn this aggressive off-road rally machine with touring comforts for the long-haul.
- A steering damper comes standard and the tapered aluminum handlebar can be mounted on the triple clamp in six different positions.
- Dropped weight in muffler, wheels and frame.
- Continental TKC 80 tires standard
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Multiple riding modes - Street, Offroad, Rain, and Rally
The 2021 model also brings back the “PASC” slipper clutch, a feature from racing bikes, which I’ve not had the chance to use myself. As I understand though the design is supposed to reduce rider fatigue operating the clutch, and soften sudden torque changes between gear shifts.
The 2021 KTM 890 Adventure R will hit authorized KTM dealers this November, while the 890 Adventure R Rally can be preordered on ktm.com beginning November 2, 2020.